Nothing says winter like a good chocolate citrus dessert! This tart fresh tasting and an indulgent tasting dessert that won’t leave you feeling heavy and ready to enter a sugar coma. I even shamelessly ate leftovers for breakfast after the first day I made it. It’s not too sweet and the majority of it can be made in a blender. It’s a minimal effort sophisticated dessert, perfect for any winter soirée. Serve with a glass of champagne and some chocolate orange truffles!
- 1 2/3 c ground almonds
- 1/2 c hazelnuts
- 1/2 c pecans
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp peanut/almond butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 c cashews (soaked in water overnight or boiled for 15 minutes)
- 1 c melted coconut oil
- 1 c almond milk
- 1 (14 oz) can of coconut milk
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- zest and juice from 1 orange
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 c + 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 c cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Place all of the crust ingredients in a food processor or blender until moldable and smooth. Transfer to the base of a springform pan lined with parchment paper and press into an even base layer and place in fridge to chill. Place soaked cashews, coconut oil, almond milk, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla into a blender and blend until smooth. Place half the mixture in a medium bowl. Add cacao powder and mix well. Pour on top of crust layer as evenly as possible and place in freezer to set. Place orange juice in zest in the remaining batter and blend until combined. Pour on top of chocolate layer as evenly as possible. Place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours. Mix chocolate coating layer in a small bowl and pour over top. Place in freezer for an hour until ready to serve. Top with orange slices, chocolate curls, coconut whip, or any toppings of choice.
Tips/Things I Would Change:
- You can alternatively drizzle chocolate over sides of cheesecake for a little added decoration
- Feel free to mix up the nut types used for the crust based on what you like, or opt for a traditional shortbread or graham crust.
- Make sure to even out each layer before pouring the next for optimal presentation.
- I got this recipe from the Vegan Christmas Cookbook, check it out!