- ½ c room temp vegan butter or coconut oil
- 3 oz vegan cream cheese (store bought or see recipe below)
- 1 c granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flax + 5 tbsp water (mixed)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ c cake flour (see note below)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- raspberry frosting
- rainbow sprinkles
Line 2 baking sheets and preheat oven to 350. Whisk cake flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Beat vegan butter, cream cheese, sugar, and salt until creamy in a stand mixer with a paddle. Add flax mixture and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Sift in dry mixture and beat on low until incorporated. Form 14-16 evenly sized dough balls and uniformly space across baking sheets. Flatten all the balls to about 1 in thick disks. Place in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes, then transfer to oven to bake for about 13 minutes. The tops should no longer be shiny, but they shouldn’t quite be browning. Let cool completely on pan before frosting. Top with sprinkles.
- 3/4ish c raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 c of room temp vegan butter/coconut oil
- 2 c confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
Heat raspberries in a small sauce pan until berries break down and a thick sauce is forming. You may need to add a splash of water if using fresh berries. Once cooked down, press mixture through a mesh strainer to remove all the seeds, leaving only the liquid from the raspberries in a small bowl. Beat vegan butter until creamy in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk. Sift in sugar and beat until almost combined. Add vanilla, raspberry liquid, and salt and continue to beat until fluffy.
easy vegan cream cheese (makes extra):
- 1/2 c + 2 tbsp cashews
- 2 tbsp canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp vinegar
blend ingredients until smooth and creamy.
tips/things I would change:
- To make Cake flour, measure 2 c of flour, and then remove 1/4 a cup. Add 1/4 a cup of cornstarch. Then add 1/4 c flour and remove 1 1/2 tsp of it. Add 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch. Sift flour/cornstarch mixture twice until well combined and light. Use as cake flour (makes exact amount for this recipe).
- You’ll have a lot of extra frosting, so you may be able to get away with halving the recipe depending on how much you like per cookie.
- I think I would prefer using coconut oil instead of vegan butter for the frosting.