These cookies are so quick and easy, yet such crowd pleasers! I thought they would be a great treat to make for Valentine’s Day thanks to the deep red color and chocolatey flavor. They come together so quickly with just a few ingredients. Many people don’t realize that most baking mixes are coincidentally vegan, but they usually are! Betty Crocker’s Deluxe mix if my favorite to use in this recipe, but feel free to use what you have access to. Whether you’re making these cookies for your significant other as a gift, for a Valentine’s Day Party, or to treat yourself as an act of self love, these cookies are sure to please!
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flax + 1/3 c water mixed
- 1 box of Betty Crocker red velvet cake mix
- 3/4 c vegan white chocolate chopped
Whisk oil, salt, and flax mix until combined. Whisk in cake mix and whisk rigorously for about 2 mins. Fold in white chocolate and place in fridge for 20 minutes. Line 2 baking sheets and preheat oven to 350. Form 24 dough balls, generously space them on the baking sheets, and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 10 mins on pan, then transfer to baking rack.
Tips/ Things I Would Change:
- This recipe is not limited to red velvet, you can use any flavor cake mix you like and switch up the mix ins
- Feel free to skip the white chocolate or replace it if you’re not a fan
- The dough freezes well, just defrost in the fridge before you are ready to use and bake as directed