If you’ve never been fortunate enough to encounter the masterpiece that is the slutty brownie, let me enlighten you. Slutty brownies are three magical layers of desserts — each delicious in their own right — that come together to form something even more amazing. I’ve been making these since late elementary school with my sister, so they really take me back to my roots. This may be the one time I say it, but box mix is a must. I’ve tried making gourmet versions, and they just never add up to the original. Plus, box mix make this recipe insanely simple considering the extravagant results. I said that my sister is the one who turned me onto these, but unfortunately the typical chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo, and brownie combo are packed with gluten. Now that Oreo has released an official gluten free cookie, though, we knew we had to bake a new version.
- King Arthur Gluten Free Cookie Mix
- 1/2 c coconut oil/vegan butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water mixed
- 2 tbsp water
- heaping 1/2 c chocolate chips
- 1 standard pack of Gluten Free Oreos (the one w/ 45 cookies)
- Simple Mills Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- 1/2 c oil of choice
- 2 tbsp flax + 1/4 c water mixed
- 3 tbsp water
Line with parchment paper (see picture below) and preheat oven to 375. Prepare cookie dough and brownie batter according to packaging, using the flax mixtures as your “eggs”. Place cookie dough in pan and use clean hands to cover the entire bottom of a 9×13 baking pan evenly. Next, place Oreos with some space in between (to make slicing easier) in even rows on top. Finally, pour brownie batter over top evenly until everything under is covered. Bake for about 10 mins, then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 15 mins. The brownie batter should just start to crisp up at the top, but the inside will continue to bake after you take them out of the oven because of how thick they are. You should let them fully cool in the pan before slicing, but I won’t judge if you can’t resist the temptation of digging in sooner.
Tips/Things I Would Change:
- In my opinion, double stuffed Oreos are always the way to go if you can.
- The brownie batter can be tricky to spread across the top, but be patient and I recommend using clean hands instead of a utensil.
- I linked my recommendations for which mixes I like, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand or a favorite homemade recipe if you’re really feeling it.