First off, happy Father’s Day!! It’s bed decorating season. If that sounds foreign to you, you’re probably not a high school senior girl in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Regardless, they’re special celebrations for people announcing where they’re going to college. There is lots of merch and food involved, I’ll insert a picture of mine down below. I’m pretty well known as the baker in my friend group, and one thing my friends all love is a good cookie cake. There is usually already a standard cake at the event and maybe some cookies, but people’s eyes always light up at the site of a cookie cake. This one has a crispy edge, but is still soft and tender in the center. It is sweet and indulgent, perfect for any celebration.
- 10 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c white sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water mixed
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 + 2/3 c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 c chocolate chips/sprinkles/candies/etc
Tips/Things I would Change:
- You can alternatively serve this right out of the oven in a skillet with a scoop of your favorite dairy free ice cream for a warm cookie sundae!
- I have a great frosting recipe on my easy vanilla birthday cake post. Check it out!
- Line the bottom your pan with parchment paper if you plan on removing the cake from the pan to serve to ensure an easy transfer.
- You can easily make this dough ahead and store it in the fridge or freezer to make at a later date.
- If using a stand mixer, I recommend using a dough attachment. I haven’t tried making this with a standard whisk/spoon, so use at your own risk.